Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas.
Located at an elevation of 13,051 feet (3,978 m), it is a gateway that connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India.
The pass offers spectacular views of glaciers, snow-capped peaks, and the Chandra and Bhaga rivers.
This route has been traditionally used by locals and traders for centuries.
It is also used to access religious sites like Keylong, Jispa, and Manali.
Overview of the Journey to Rohtang pass
The journey to Rohtang Pass is a breathtaking experience that takes you through the majestic Himalayan mountains.
Situated at an altitude of 13,050 feet, the pass connects the Kullu Valley with Lahaul and Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh.
The journey to Rohtang Pass begins from Manali, a popular tourist destination nestled in the lap of nature.
As the vehicle ascends towards the pass, one can witness the stunning views of snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, and gushing rivers.
The road to Rohtang Pass is a challenging one, with sharp turns and steep slopes, but the panoramic vistas make up for it.
Along the way, one can stop at various scenic spots such as Marhi, Gulaba, and Rahala Falls to admire the natural beauty and capture some memorable photographs.
As one reaches the top of Rohtang Pass, they are greeted by a cold and windy atmosphere with snow-covered peaks in the backdrop.
The journey to Rohtang Pass is not just a physical one but also a spiritual one as it gives a glimpse into the grandeur of nature and its power to leave us in awe.
Let's quickly explore what this entails!
Some highlights of a one-day Rohtang Pass trip from Manali include:
- Scenic drive through the stunning landscapes of the Himalayas.
- Experience the thrill of crossing the high-altitude Rohtang Pass.
- Enjoy panoramic views of snow-capped mountains and picturesque valleys.
- Engage in fun snow activities like skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling (subject to weather conditions).
- Visit Solang Valley, known for its beautiful meadows and adventure sports like paragliding and zorbing.
- Capture memorable photographs of the breathtaking scenery.
- Explore local food stalls and try traditional Himachali cuisine during the trip.
Rohtang pass taxi price
The taxi price for a one-day Rohtang Pass trip from Manali can vary depending on factors such as the type of vehicle, season, and negotiation skills. On average, the cost of hiring a taxi for this trip can range from 2,500 to 5,000 Indian Rupees (INR). It is advisable to check with local taxi operators or travel agencies in Manali for accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Swift dzire/ Etios
04 seater Sedan
06 / 07 SEATER
06 – 07 SEATERS
Places Covered on the Way to Rohtang Pass:
Experience a tranquil and adventurous day trip with your family to explore the amazing sites of Manali and Rohtang in this Manali to Rohtang day tour package.
Visit the various attractions such as Solang Valley, Rahala Waterfalls, Gulaba, Marhi, and more and bask in the scenic beauty of these spots.
Pickup from hotel in Manali at 7:30 am
Planned route of the journey:
- Nehru Kund – 20 minutes
- Kothi – 40 minutes
- Gulaba – 40 minutes
- Rahala Falls – 60 minutes
- Marhi – 60 minutes
- Rani Nala – 90 minutes
- Rohtang Pass – 120 minutes
Drop at hotel in Manali by 6:30 pm
Solang Nala is a picturesque valley located in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
Nestled between majestic snow-covered mountains, Solang Nala offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas and is a popular destination for outdoor activities such as skiing, paragliding, and trekking.
It is also known for its lush green meadows and vibrant local culture.
With stunning scenery and plenty of adventure opportunities, Solang Nala is an ideal spot for travelers looking to experience the beauty of the Himalayan region.
Marhi on the way to Rohtang is an awe-inspiring destination, located in the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh.
This hill station is one of the most popular tourist attractions and is known for its lush greenery and stunning views of the snow-capped mountains.
With its breathtaking landscapes, pleasant climate, and many nearby attractions, Marhi on the way to Rohtang is truly a paradise for tourists.
Gulaba is a scenic village located in the State of Himachal Pradesh, India.
It is situated 27 km away from Manali and 25 km from the renowned Rohtang Pass.
As per the orders of the National Green Tribunal Act, Gulaba has been designed and manned to promote sustainable tourism and has equipped itself with all the necessary equipment and computerized systems.
Mobile toilets units and an effective waste disposal system guarantee a pleasant experience for visitors while only 800 petrol vehicles and 400 diesel vehicles are granted permits to visit the nearby Rohtang Pass.
Kothi Village is a beautiful and awe-inspiring destination located at the foothills of Rohtang pass, 13 km away from Manali.
This village is renowned for its spectacular view of snow-covered mountains and glaciers, as well as its peaceful atmosphere.
Visitors to Kothi Village can also appreciate the deep and narrow gorge of the Beas River.
Rahala Waterfalls is a stunning and picturesque destination located in Himachal Pradesh.
It is situated at a distance of 29 km from Manali Bus Stand, 23 km from Rohtang Pass, and 15.5 km from Kothi Village.
The Rahala Waterfalls is one of the most popular waterfalls in the state due to its stunning beauty and serene environment. It is surrounded by dense growth of silver birch and deodar trees, making it a truly breathtaking spot.
The area around the falls, which is situated at an altitude of 2501 m, has been glacially formed and the water here is extremely cold due to melting glaciers.
It is one of the most visited tourist spots in Himachal Pradesh and an ideal destination for those looking for an unforgettable experience.
The Atal Tunnel is a 9.02 km long tunnel that connects Manali in Himachal Pradesh to Lahaul-Spiti district in India. It is the longest highway tunnel in the world and has been named after the former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The tunnel reduces the distance between the two locations by 46 km and has been constructed at an altitude of 3,000 m above sea level. It has been designed to have advanced safety features, including fire safety systems, and is capable of withstanding heavy snowfall and avalanches. The tunnel is a major achievement for Indian infrastructure and will go a long way towards improving connectivity and transportation in the region.
- . Pick and drop from your home or hotel in Manali: Transportation services provided to and from your designated location in Manali.
- Selected Cab for Manali to Rohtang Pass sightseeing: A dedicated cab or vehicle for your sightseeing trip from Manali to Rohtang Pass, as per the provided itinerary.
- Vehicle Parking Charges: Charges associated with parking the vehicle at Rohtang Pass or any other designated areas during the sightseeing trip.
- Toll-gate Charges: Fees, if applicable, for passing through toll gates or checkpoints along the route between Manali and Rohtang Pass.
- Driver Batta: The allowance or remuneration for the driver accompanying you during the sightseeing trip.
- Please note that this inclusion list may vary depending on the specific tour package you choose. It’s always recommended to carefully review the terms and conditions.
- Personal items: Items of personal nature such as toiletries, clothing, and accessories.
- Travel insurance: Costs associated with travel insurance coverage.
- Visa fees: Fees required for obtaining a visa to visit a specific country or region.
- Airfare: The cost of air travel to and from the destination.
- Transportation to and from the tourist site: Expenses related to reaching and departing from the tourist places in Rohtang Pass.
- Activities and attractions: Entrance fees or costs associated with specific activities or attractions at Rohtang Pass.
- Guide services: Fees for hiring a local guide or tour operator.
- Souvenirs and shopping: Any expenses related to shopping for souvenirs or other items during the trip.
- Additional meals and snacks: Any meals or snacks beyond the ones mentioned in the package or accommodation cost.
- Extra accommodation or lodging: Costs associated with extending your stay or upgrading your accommodation.
Related services for hiring a taxi in Manali
- 02 Days package of taxi
- 03 Days package of taxi
- 04 Days package of taxi
- Manali to Leh Taxi in 01 Day
- Manali to Leh Taxi in 02 Days
- Leh to Manali Taxi in 01 Day
- Leh to Manali Taxi in 02 Days